Home Sweet Home

Ronald
House Corrino
House Corrino

Home Sweet Home

Post by Ronald » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Tsimpo, Arrakis
Day 3 10190

“We are almost there my lord” the pilot of the frigate announced. Eluzai Fenring, his wife Eleanor Fenring who was born Corrino, his nephew and adopted son Rasmus Harkonnen and Sister Louanne, a Bene Gesserit sister who served as governess for Rasmus had taken the freighter down from the humungous Spacing Guild Heighliner. They had to land in Arrakeen because there was no spaceport in Tsimpo. It was chronologically speaking the second built city and build by one of the first governors of Arrakis but it was much smaller compared to Arrakeen and Carthag. Eluzai and Eleanor had chosen Tsimpo as the governmental capital of Arrakis over Arrakeen and Carthag which both been the capitol of Arrakis depending on who was in control. “You ok?” Louanne asked Rasmus who shrugged his shoulders. Rasmus had not liked being uprooted again, having to go from the luxuries of Kaitain to the desert planet Arrakis. Louanne gave both Eluzai and Eleanor a glance. Rasmus was the son of his sister Chalice who has disappeared after the death of her husband and father to their son Rasmus. Eluzai was made his guardian over Pyotr Harkonnen who was named regent of House Harkonnen because Rasmus was still a minor. A document was found signed by both his mother and father that Eluzai was to be made his guardian because of concerns for his safety. If something would have happened to Rasmus that would mean Pyotr would be the named Baron Harkonnen. Rasmus was currently only twelve but he would be the Baron when he comes of age.

They landed their Frigate at the main airport in Arrakeen where they were greeted by Quenteen Husmettin a government official who had governed the planet in absentia, Ionesco Valdeshar a Sardaukar Caid who was responsible for the Sardaukar troops on Arrakis and Alberto Bhrazen the Bashar responsible for the Sardaukar in Tsimpo and responsible for the security of them. “Welcome to Arrakis my Lord” as Quenteen Husmettin made a curtsy bow. He wanted to say more but Eluzai cut him off with a hand gesture. He knew the type, there where a lot like him on Kaitain, bureaucrats who weaseled their way up by sucking up to them above them and if possible put a dagger in somebodies back just to get a leg up. “The Ornithopter is standing by the transport us to the Governors mansion m’lord” Ionesco Valdeshar explained. Eluzai had other plans “We will fly to the Ornithopter base in Tsimpo and from there take a ground car” Eluzai stated firmly “Yes but” Alberto Bhrazen wanted to object but stopped midway of his sentence because he knew it would not matter and Eluzai had made up his mind. The ride in the groundcar was, luckily for Alberto Bhrazen who was responsible for the safety of the Fenring family was uneventful. “It is good to get a feel for the city” Eluzai had remarked during their drive.

At the governors' mansion, they were welcomed by Dardanius Ginaztera who served as their Vizier and former Sardaukar Daniel Napier the swordsman who served as their Captain of the Guard. Both had already been there to make sure everything was secure and safe. Although it might not be as big and glamorous as what they were used to on Kaitain it would be home for the time being. They were also introduced to Tahiyah, a local who served as Shadout the head of household staff. Sister Louanne still has some doubts about the Mapes although she was screened by Dardanius, she felt as if she was keeping something from them.

MinisterofWorms
Fremen
Fremen

Re: Home Sweet Home

Post by MinisterofWorms » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Indeed the Shadout Tahiyah had much to hide. The Ichwan Bedwine had spent three generations infiltrating the manors of Arrakis, hiding among the household staffs. Her Grandmother had served as a maid to spice merchant in Arrakeen, her mother worked the kitchens of the palace there, and now she was Shadout of the Palace of Tsimpo. It was thus that the Fremen had stopped House Richese after their first assault upon the desert, had kept their remaining strongholds hidden and slowed the production of spice. In the Sietch it was whispered that a Fremen spy had made their way into the bed of the Count, and that it was blackmail that had forced them into truce. Perhaps just a myth, but it is in such myths that the Shadout understood her purpose.

But the Fremen had no spies on Kaitain or Salusa Secundus, nothing to warn them of the tectonic shift of power that had just occurred. Tahiyah had been hired to prepare the household before she knew who it was she would serve, and every minute she was under the watchful eye of Dardanius and the Sardaukar.

They are so vigilant, she thought, there is no room for error. If they find me out... It would mean not only my death but death for every one of us. Tsimpo, my house, now seat to the governor of Arrakis and I cannot risk a message out.

She had not lived her entire life in the city, her mother had obeyed the old ways and gone to Sietch for her birth. She was lean and strong, and beautiful as her mother had been, in her prime and yet unmarried. It was her fierce demeanor that allowed her to rise to the head of the household at such a young age, an eye for perfection and a discipline of self that made her regime of the staff into a precise machine. In the military order of the Sardaukar she saw her match, and it frightened her.

She introduced herself to the family with great formality, then set about making herself as invisible as possible to the family. I must move like the moonlight over sand she told herself. I must find out all I can, and leave no trace as I pass. As the family settled in, she asked to speak with Sister Louanne in her office. This witch knows the family better than anyone, she could be valuable... or a threat.

SLRathua
Bene Gesserit
Bene Gesserit

Post by SLRathua » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:50 am

Sister Louanne, slightly guarded by the approach of the Shadout Tahiyah, agreed to meet her later in the evening. However, she insisted they perhaps meet in the common gathering room for household servants instead, for reasons she would not elaborate.
After being assured Rasmus was indeed off to sleep for the evening, with a guard posted in place, she made her way down to wait and think. Something about those blue-in-blue pools made it hard to get a read on the Shadout. But she knew better than most how the most unassuming women can hold the greatest strengths.

MinisterofWorms
Fremen
Fremen

Post by MinisterofWorms » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:42 am

The evening was winding down as the Shadout met with the Witch. The low ceiling of the staff hall was illuminated with glowglobes that had been turned down to a twilight hue.

Tahiyah did not smile, but spoke with a professional tone.

"I hope the chambers are to your satisfaction," She said. "If anything is lacking, please let me know. Quenteen Husmettin has given clear directions on the protocol and habits of the family, but I wanted to speak to someone who knew them more... intimately. What should a Shadout know to serve them? The boy for instance, what is his favorite color? Favorite toy? What frightens him? I would not hope to discover these things by accident."