The Halls of Wallach IX

Haven to the Mother School of the ancient Bene Gesserit Sisterhood, Wallach IX is a wild planet well-suited for training the minds and bodies of the Sisterhood's initiates.
SLRathua
Bene Gesserit
Bene Gesserit

The Halls of Wallach IX

Post by SLRathua » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:26 am

Nestled against the rise of a mountain, a small landing pad for off-world transport seems almost precariously perched on it's scaffolding. Stairs from this platform lead along the mountain trails, branching off in various paths that weave in and out of caves.
Were one to seek an audience with Mother Superior Lucan Rowinda Nathifa, or other Reverend Mothers present on Wallach IX, an unnamed initiate could guide through the winding ways to the meeting hall.
Despite the grand name, the quiet and sparse office of the Mother Superior Lucan lends to her air of quiet composure.

Those that wander alone into the hills of Wallach IX put their own lives at risk on the sheer cliffs surrounding the sisterhood's domain.

Ceres
House Atreides
House Atreides

Re: The Halls of Wallach IX

Post by Ceres » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:31 pm

House: Atreides
Character: Lady Leaena Atreides

Leaena cautiously made her way towards the Mother Superior. It had been some time since the Atreides' reverend mother had visited the sisterhood's base world of Wallach IX. The last time she had made the inter planetary voyage had been before her son, the heir presumptive, Tantalus Atreides had been born. She had received her orders through intermediaries since then.

After the death of the old Emperor she felt compelled to return to clarify her main objectives under the new Emperor. Leaena could not help but note that the Emperor was engaged, but not yet married. Did the sisterhood have any plans to place another as Empress? Or was the Emperor simply waiting for his father's mourning period to pass before marrying?

As she waited to be received, Leaena allowed herself to speculate who the sisterhood intended to place as Empress. Even if a non-sister became Empress, it would be by the will of the sisterhood. The death of the old Emperor and the disappearance of the heir apparent were too coincidental. No doubt the sisterhood had played part of the succession plot and Leaena wondered what their reward had been.

SLRathua
Bene Gesserit
Bene Gesserit

Post by SLRathua » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 pm

The door to her office opens quietly, Mother Superior Lucan herself standing in the frame. Her aged eyes sparkle in the corridor lighting. "Leaena, it is wonderful to see you again. Please, do come in." Moving with a slow grace, she gestures to a seat for the Reverend Mother. Taking a moment to straighten the pages on her desk, Lucan turns to sit beside, not across the desk from, the Leaena. A possible planned step to encourage familiarity, or an honest reflection of how she considers her charges, the difference not possible to read on her expression.
"Tell me, my dear, what has drawn you from the seaside to visit the mountains again? Surely the current Arrakis situation has you with enough troubles filtering through the Atredies house to keep you occupied."

Ceres
House Atreides
House Atreides

Post by Ceres » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 am

House: Atreides
Character: Lady Leaena Atreides

"Yes Mother Superior," Leaena said, "Things have been extremely busy with the move Arrakis situation. Which is why I am here."

The sister allowed herself a moment before speaking. Even with decades of training, speaking with a senior took energy from Leaena. The sisterhood always had plans within plans, but was it necessary to do so even within the sisterhood?

"I hope it isn't too bold to ask, but have there been any updates to the Atreides plan? It has been some time since I have received any new orders. While I would like to think this reflects trust on my judgement... occasional guidance can be useful."