A summons

Kaitain is the Imperial Capital of the Corrino Empire and home of the Imperial House Corrino
Ronald
House Corrino
House Corrino

A summons

Post by Ronald » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:17 am

((a month before all the previous post))

Aramsham Corrino was sitting behind a desk in his work chambers, formerly his father's work chambers. He had only been emperor for a month and he had to catch up on a lot of information and things that he was supposed to know. He looked up as there was a knock on the door “Come in” he said cantankerous, he has instructed the guard to not let anybody in except when it was an emergency. Leronica Thorvald, his fiancee appeared in the door opening, he looked and smiled. He was very much infatuated with her, according to some even at a point that she had some sort of control over him which was ridiculous. Before he could ask if there was anything she already started talking “I have an idea, I hope you are willing to listen my love” as she glided towards her and landed on his lap brushing the papers and Ridulian crystal aside. “It’s about Arrakis and the spice production, from what I have heard House Richese lately have not been doing a very good job, spice production has been going down every month” she stated. Aramsham searched in his pile and pulled out sheets of ridulian crystal and looked it over “Yes I see spice production has been going down” he said somewhat concerned. “Without the spice, there is no space travel, without the spice your empire will crumble,” she said in an ominous tone. She knew she had him on the hook which was not difficult with his infatuation for him and him being not the sharpest tool in the shed and easy to manipulate she had him right where she wanted him. Although prestigious more often than not it did not end well for houses who were given Arrakis as a fiefdom. “I suggest rescinding Arrakis as a semi fiefdom from House Richese and giving CHOAM contracts to two competing houses like House Atreides and House Harkonnen” she explained her plan. She caressed him further explained her plan, she had thought it through and knew what to say and how to make him agree with her.

“You requested my presence, your highness?” Court Chamberlain Ishaq Corrino asked curiously what this was about “Yes I did” as he pushed Leronica off his lap where she still been sitting as Ishaq had come into the emperor’s work chambers. “Please request the presence of the representatives to the landsraad of both House Harkonnen and House Atreides as soon as possible” he commanded. Ishaq looked puzzled “May I ask what this is about,” he asked inquisitively. “That is none of your business, do as you are told” Leronica snapped “Who are you to question the emperor” as the old Court Chamberlain was taken aback. “Can we speak in private maybe Sham” using the emperor's nickname from when he was a child. Ishaq had been there since he was born and had seen him grow up and had been like a second father to the then prince and now emperor due to a twist of faith. “Should I remind you he is not a child anymore, I am the emperor and using nicknames is highly inappropriate” Leronica said annoyed at the clear attempt by the chamberlain. “Just do as you are told, and close the door behind you” Aramsham said wanting this to be done with. “As my wish, your highness” Ishaq said as he left the room.